Saturday, February 15, 2014

Romance - It's Not Just For Valentine's Day!

It's Valentine's Day (or night to be accurate) - and just like the proverbial cobbler who's children have no shoes, I have been so busy creating original artwork and products to post to my stores for Valentine's Day, I hadn't even realized that this day was upon us already - and so my hubby got nothing! Of course, he hadn't remembered either, so no apologies were given or required - a fact that got me thinking about the whole concept of having one day a year officially set aside for "romance".

"Romance doesn’t come from some standard set of expectations. It can’t be enforced. Romance, if there is such a thing, is all about taking your loved one by surprise. (come on, I thought you were above that!) Spontaneity is the key. Giving flowers on the 12th of October, for no reason at all, that’s romantic. Giving them on the 14th of February, that’s being a sucker." Michael J. Holley, author

Out of the 691,000,000 search results that Google spit out on "the meaning of romance", the quote above seemed to hit it on the nail for me. Romance is not something that occurs as the result of a duty, guilt, or by appoitnment. It's a self-initiated spontaneous expression of your love that results in both of you feeling even more loved and loving than before. That's why you can't ever be too old, too sick, too tired, or too late for romance. So if you're like my hubby and I and hadn't marked Valentine's Day with a special card or gift, remember: It's far more romantic to give a special expression of your love when it is least expected.

So, whenever you ready for romance, keep me in mind and check out my romance-inspired original artwork on great products like these:

As for me hubby and I, we spend 24 hours a day together in the same room and not only still like each other, on March 5th we'll celebrate our 37th Anniversary! How will we celebrate that day? Just like today and every other day I expect. He'll bring me tea and toast in the morning and I'll rub his feet with lotion. What can be more romantic than that?


No comments:

Post a Comment